Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Fluorite Elements, One ED Element
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- XD Linear Motor AF System
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Power Focus, Preset Focus, Focus Limiter
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium-Alloy Design
- Fixed, Rotating Tripod Collar
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-SH155 Lens Hood
- Lens Strap
- Hard Case
- Case Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
Sony SEL400F28GM FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
Combining a super telephoto length, bright aperture, and lightweight design, this FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens for Sony E-mount cameras is ideal for sports, wildlife, and nature photographers. The fast 2.8 aperture provides great depth of field control for isolating subjects as well as maximizing performance for low-light shooting situations. Three fluorite elements reduce chromatic aberration and one ED element further increases performance and image quality by reducing flare and ghosting while shooting in harsh conditions.
Weighing in at just 6.4 lb, this lens is incredibly portable for glass of its size. The weight of the lens is also redistributed to the back where it would sit over a monopod, making tracking subjects and panning easier. Complementing that is Sony's XD Linear Motor autofocus system, which quickly and quietly tracks subjects across the frame even while shooting at high speeds. Furthermore, Optical SteadyShot can combine with in-body stabilization to provide 5-axis stabilization.
Video shooters will also be pleased to find power focus functionality, which provides smooth, even focus while shooting movies. The magnesium-alloy body of this lens is also weather sealed to protect against dirt, dust, and moisture while shooting in adverse conditions. A tripod collar can be rotated around the lens to provide maximum functionality with tripods or monopods.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however it is also suitable for use with APS-C cameras where it provides a 600mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture offers great control over depth of field as well as improved low-light performance.
- Three fluorite elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano AR Coating reduces flare and ghosting, which provides increased better clarity and contrast.
- XD Linear Motor System quietly and quickly focuses on fast-moving subjects while shooting at high speeds.
- Power Focus functionality for smooth focus during video recording.
- Optical SteadyShot Stabilization provides 5-axis image stabilization when paired with a camera that features in-body image stabilization.
- Weight distribution is balanced toward the back of the lens, making it easier to pan and track moving subjects.
- Magnesium alloy, G Master lens has a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional FE 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters.
|Sony FE 400mm F/2.8 GM OSS Specs|
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
||8.86' / 2.7 m
||23 Elements in 17 Groups
||Fixed and Rotating
||40.5 mm (Drop-In)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||6.22 x 14.13" / 158.1 x 359 mm
||6.4 lb / 2895 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||24.8 x 16.8 x 13.8"