Playlist Information: Type, Format, Input, Project, Timecode, Date and Time
- Automatic Preview of Each Clip to assist in clip selection for playback
- Playback of Video and Audio
Jumping to any spot in the clip
by Frame Forward or Backward
Clip, Last Clip, Pause
Clip with Notes and Good or Bad
- Multiple In and Out points supported
- Multiple Markers supported
- Advance to next Marker supported
- Backup to Previous Marker supported
- In and
Out Points and Markers and Good/Bad output to XML File
- Focus Assist, Waveform Monitor, Histogram and all other
- Image Analysis Tools available in Playback for detailed checks
- HD, 2K, Ultra-HD and 4K Supported via HD-SDI (up to Quad Link) and HDMI from video sources
- Apple ProRes 422 in HD, up to 1080p60
- Apple ProRes 422 in 2K, up to 60 fps
- Very Sophisticated 4K/UHD to 2K/HD using Super-Sampling Techniques
- The above dramatically improves the HD image from the Panasonic GH4 significantly reducing moiré
- Apple ProRes 422 in Ultra-HD, up to 60p from FS700/FS7 with XDCA and Raw Bundle
- Apple ProRes 422 in 4K, up to 60p from FS700/FS7 with XDCA and Raw Bundle
- Full Uncompressed in HD and 2K, in 10-bit and 12-Bit
Bundle (Extra Cost Option - $995)
- Full Support for FS700 with all modes supported in Apple ProRes 422
- Full Support for FS7 with XDCA in Apple ProRes 422
- FS700 + FS7 with XDCA Apple ProRes
- FS700 + FS7 with XDCA 12-Bit Raw, in 2K Raw up to 240 fps continuous
- FS700 + FS7 with XDCA 12-Bit Raw, in 4k Raw up to 60 fps continuous
- Sophisticated Super-Sampling of 4K to 2K or HD Apple ProRes 422 up to 60 fps
- The above, when properly exposed allows the FS700 and FS7 with XDCA to produce images comparable to the best HD cameras ever made
- High Speed Apple ProRes 422 2K up to 240 fps continuous for the above cameras
- High Speed Apple ProRes 422 4k up to 60 fps continuous for the above cameras
- High Speed Apple ProRes 422 4k at 100 and 120 fps (cached in camera) for the
- Extensive Support for ARRIRAW in 16:9 Mode, 4:3 mode due later
- Extensive Support for Canon C500 and C300 Mark II
- Dual Recording (Extra Cost Option - $995)
- Dual Recording Option is expected in September 2015
- Quad Recording (Extra Cost Option due later in 2015)
features are also expected in September 2015
Real-Time Waveform Monitor with RGB Parade (Other 4K Waveform Monitors are over
Waveform Monitor with RGB Parade for
two cameras simultaneously
for camera matching.
accurate, flexible Color Vectorsope
- The Color Vectorscope is fully professional and “Second to None!”
- Zooming: 1.0x, 2.0x, 5.0x, 10.0x and 15.0x and variable zoom up to 15.0x
Split Monitoring for up to four HD-SDI Signal Sources Simultaneously
- Built-In Live Four-Channel HD-SDI Simple Switcher with Frame Synchronizer
- One HDMI Input and Three HD-SDI inputs also supported
3D LUT (Look Up Table) support allowing for 140 user loadable 3D LUTs
- (The Odyssey7Q+ is the best LUT box in the world, as it is a HD, 2K, Ultra-HD and 4K LUT box (no other
such LUT Box exists),
and it is not limited by frame rates, and it has an
- 3D LUT – Customized Output Options:
can be applied, or not, to each output, HD-SDI A, HD-SDI B and HDMI
- LUT’s are supports in video and Raw modes, up to 240 fps
- LUT’s can be applied, or not, selectively, to the OLED Display, HD-SDI Output
- HD-SDI Output B, HDMI Output and all built-in Image Analysis Tools.
- Built-In 3D LUT’s
- Built-In 3D LUT’s for many cameras
- Special 3D LUT’s to assist in over-exposing certain cameras to obtain lower noise images, while viewing the images with proper exposure.
- Great LUT support and color accuracy for Sony FS700 and FS7 cameras
Lens Support (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x) with optional Center Extraction
- 16:9 and 17:9 Support and Display Modes
Focus Assist Tools which also work in conjunction with Zoom
- Zoom Modes: 1:1, 2:1, and Hyper Zoom in 4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1 and 12:1
- False Color with user
adjustable ranges for each color
- Dual Zebras with a user
adjustable ranges for each
Frame / Aspect Ratio Guides
can create multiple, custom rectangles anywhere on the screen
positioning actors precisely from scene to scene, especially useful
- 7.7” OLED Display with
Touch Screen Controls and user calibration adjustments
- Automatic or Manual
- Built in Color Bar Test
- Accepts LTC Timecode
via BNC and Built-In Timecode Generator
- Histogram with multiple
- Monochrome mode with
Luma, Red, Green and Blue only modes
- Menu Hide and Video
- Extensive Video Input
SSD Slots, a unique feature, supports very high bandwidth recording
- This allows the Odyssey7Q+ to record in modes that other monitor/recorders just can’t support such as full uncompressed recording.
Convergent Design or certain Samsung SSD’s
- Extensive SSD Status Information with Remaining Time
Displays for each SSD
- Smart Data Information
- Date and Time of Last Format
- Extremely fast full format of SSD’s, both can be
formatted in 10 seconds
is not a partial, “Quick Format”, but a real, full format writing a pattern
to every byte on the SSD.
- Extensive Metadata
Info: Clip Number, Reel Number, Scene Take, Shooting Day, Camera, Project
- Customizable Audio Level Meters
- HD Apple ProRes 422
(HQ, Regular, LT)
up to 240 fps!
- 4K or Ultra-HD Apple ProRes 422 (HQ, Regular, LT) up to 60 fps!
- For the FS700 only:
- 4K or UHD Apple ProRes 422 (HQ, Regular or LT) at 100/120 fps (using the FS700’s 100/120 fps Burst Mode)
- Raw Bundle or FS700/FS7 Recording Option is Required
- This is very significant since one
can now use these two cameras and
record HD in super-slow motion without having to
record in Raw.
offers a much simpler workflow, longer recording times and
smaller file sizes.
- Super Slo-Mo, 240 frames per second, is very popular with these two cameras.
- But, not everyone was or is ready to adopt a Raw workflow.
- This is still an option, but now one has a choice.
- To the best of Convergent Design's knowledge, no other device can record
- Apple ProRes 422 at 240 fps.
recording commercials, or for mild slow-motion, while staying in 4K,
4K Apple ProRes 422 is ideal.
- 4K at 60 frames per second is frequently used for commercials, and
now the workflow is easier, more economical, and faster in Post.
- Since the footage is in Apple ProRes 422, one can quickly check the footage, on
normal computers without having to go through a deBayering step.
- These High Speed Apple ProRes 422 features are free upgrades for the Odyssey7Q
and Odyssey7Q+, and our Raw Bundle or FS700/FS7 Option
required, since these modes originate in Sony 12-Bit Raw format.
- More High-Speed Apple ProRes 422 modes, for other cameras, will be
released in the future.